The General Political Fund (GPF) is used for general campaigning. The best way to define this is to list the kind of campaigns that the union could not have mounted without a political fund. (See the UK GPF site for more details, forms etc)
– promoting and defending public services through Scotland’s Public Works campaign
– lobbying and campaigning against outsourcing and privatisation, including the victory in Edinburgh
– campaigning for fairer pay through the Worth It campaign
– fighting racism and discrimination, including our successful fight against the BNP
– defending pensions
– improving employment rights, including paid holidays, rights for agency workers – and building support to stamp out zero hours contract abuses
– getting legislation for more equality including through public sector equalities duties
– extending coverage of the Scottish Living Wage and getting this issue up the political agenda in the Scottish Parliament and in public sector agencies and the Third Sector.
– UNISON Scotland support for the People’s Assembly and we have contributed to a new campaigning guide issued by the People’s Assembly Against Austerity Scotland.
UNISON Scotland responses to consultations conducted by the Scottish Parliament are in part resourced from the Political Fund. You can see them here.