Part-Time Caretaker – Ref: R7/100
12 hours per week (working hours to be negotiated)
£17,753 pro rata per annum
Belford Road, Edinburgh
• A range of caretaking duties including minor maintenance and repairs
opening the building each morning, liaising with contractors, dealing
with deliveries, room set up
Regular safety checks/testing emergency systems
• Maintenance of onsite archive storage, including identifying files due for destruction and transferring files between floors as required
• Mail room duties including preparing outgoing mail daily and using mail room equipment to prepare large volumes of mail as required
• Occasional reception duties
You must have:
• Experience of working in a modern office environment with an
understanding of related Health & Safety issues, manual handing
• Ability to prioritise duties and work as part of a team, use email and basic
software packages such as Microsoft Word and Excel
• Experience carrying out minor repairs and building maintenance
HOW TO APPLY
To apply please see further details and complete the general application form and the disability monitoring form. Please note only this general application form will be accepted.
Please send three copies of completed application forms along with Recruitment and Disability monitoring forms to: Mike Kirby, Scottish Secretary, UNISON House, 14 West Campbell Street, Glasgow G2 6RX or email them to firstname.lastname@example.org quoting Ref No. R7100
Completed applications to be received by 5pm on Friday, 21 June 2019.
Interviews will take place in Edinburgh on Thursday, 27 June 2019.
UNISON is committed to equality and justice – our members include men and women of all ages, black and ethnic minority groups, disabled people, gay men and lesbians. We want our staff to reflect the diversity of our membership, and all applications will be considered on merit.
As Britain’s leading public service union, we have more than 1.3 million members working in public services and the private, voluntary and community sectors, from frontline staff to senior managers. We work tirelessly to ensure our members are respected and properly rewarded, be that through the provision of high quality work environments or fairly negotiated remuneration packages.