The successful candidate will be able to handle a multitude of varied tasks under their own initiative and as part of a team in a busy union office.
- Employer: Unison East Ayrshire Branch
- Hours of the posts: 20 hours per week
- Contract: Permanent
- Location: New Unison Office, 44 Titchfield Street, Kilmarnock
- Salary: £32,535 per annum pro rata (based on 35 hour working week)
- Interview selection: Shortlisted candidates will be contacted to attend an interview / administrative test.
UNISON is the UK’s leading public services trade union, with over 1.3 million members working in the public sector, private, voluntary and community sectors and in the energy services.
UNISON is a dynamic, progressive union, committed to equality. We encourage men and women of all ages, Black and minority ethnic groups, disabled people, lesbian, gay, bisexual and transgender people to work with us.
Scope of work for this post
Under limited supervision maintain, update and extract information from systems and databases and provide administration and clerical support. You will be the first point of contact for our members and be proficient in the use of a range of software packages and social media. You will be responsible for admin tasks such as taking minutes, processing invoices and also using our member database ensuring personal details of members are up to date. An understanding of branch and union procedures is required. Personal initiative will be required within the confines of the role.
Details, advice, application and monitoring forms
Please read the advice to candidates.
- General Application Form
- Disability Monitoring Form
- Job Description and Person Specification for branch administrator in UNISON East Ayrshire branch