UNISON works to raise awareness of issues which concern older people and to influence decision makers. Our priorities include:
- Pensioner poverty
- Health care and age discrimination
- Isolation and mobility issues
Click here for our Retired Members newsletter.
Retired and working members have a shared interest in obtaining decent incomes in older age, a universal health service and the creation of a civilised society. Today’s workers are tomorrow’s pensioners and UNISON’s members work in public services on which many older people rely.
UNISON retired members enjoy all the benefits of UNISON membership including:
- Legal advice
- Welfare support
- Special discounts and offers on a wide range of financial and other services
If you’ve been a UNISON member for at least two years on the day you retire and have either received state pension age or get a pension, you can become a retired member.
- See our Information & Resources Pages – for a range of information on rights, benefits, UNISON services and more…..
- See also the UNISON UK Retired Members pages
- The pre 2015 archive is on the old UNISON Scotland website