- The Scottish Living Wage should be extended to all delivering public services.
- Social care is a key priority.
- Statutory Guidance sets out how Procurement Reform (Scotland) Act 2014 enables all public bodies to spread the benefits through procurement.
- Previous legal objections no longer apply.
- S52 Guidance requires local authorities to ensure there is no two-tier workforce. That now means the Living Wage.
- Branches should instigate negotiations with their employers to ensure that procurement polices are updated to take account of the new statutory guidance.